Technical Delivery Lead – AWS Migrations
As a Technical Delivery Lead, you own the overall responsibility in the project’s planning and execution. You collaborate with AWS SAs and the technical leadership in the client’s organization to prepare technical architecture patterns and migration approaches. You work closely with the Program Manager in mitigating technical risks by developing and implementing solutions. You act as the technical leader for the Cornerstone’s team of engineers and provide them with thought leadership and guidance in performing their job duties and delivering value to the client.
Contract type: Full time
Assessment and discovery
- Perform and facilitate application and infrastructure discovery process. This includes working with the project manager in identifying on-prem infra and working with the client in mapping applications.
- Identify migration patterns that would need a PoC prior to migration.
- Perform estimates/models for monthly run-rate costs and bubble costs during the migration period.
- Identify the right migration strategy (6 R’s) for the applications in scope for migrations.
- Identify applications that can be replatformed or refactored in the initial migration waves.
- Design the landing zone and formalize migration patterns for VMs, Active Directory integration and databases.
- Perform architecture reviews with the app owners and client’s technical team with a focus on well-architected framework.
- Lead a team of DevOps engineers and DBAs. Be the de facto technical lead for Cornerstone in front of the client.
- Escalation point-of-contact for any technical issues during cutovers.
- Prepare steercom and status update decks for C-level execs along with the program manager and present it to the stakeholders.
- Perform cost optimization as applications get migrated to the Cloud.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 4-6 years experience in developing architecture patterns and reference solutions in AWS.
- 2-3 years experience in leading technical teams in migrations or building Cloud-native solutions in AWS.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to build relationships with the client.
- AWS Certified in either Professional or Specialty Exams.