Senior Database Engineer – AWS Migrations
You’ll be a key member of our core team in helping one of our clients migrate their MSSQL database estate to the AWS platform. You’ll participate with the Migration Tech Lead in deep-dive sessions along with the application team in formulating the migration plan and take responsibility in executing the plan to completion. If you have experience in MSSQL databases and have a passion for migrations, this job is for you.
Contract type: Full time
- Facilitate and/or participate in deep-dive sessions with the application teams to understand application architecture and database dependencies.
- Design MSSQL patterns in AWS on EC2 or RDS for high-availability and DR architectures.
- Automate provisioning of MSSQL clusters in AWS via Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Identify migration patters for the databases with minimal downtime and no data loss.
- Work with AWS team of Solution Architects and consultants on resolving technical challenges with data conversion and migration.
- Work on weekends as per the migration schedule. Act as a lead during India hours and be responsible for database migration tasks.
- Provide support post cutover for any performance issues.
- 4-6 years MSSQL DBA experience
- Experience in migrating MSSQL databases to AWS on EC2 or RDS using third party or native tools.
- Expert in HA and DR solutions using Windows Failover Clustering, AlwaysOn and/or third party solutions such as Netapp.
- Experience in performance tuning and performing root cause analysis at the infrastructure layer.
- Working knowledge of Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Understanding of AWS concepts such has vpc, security groups, compute and storage (EBS, FSx).
Nice to have:
- Powershell, boto3 knowledge.
- Netapp experience.
- AWS Certification – Associate, Professional or Specialty.